KALA GHODA ARTS FESTIVAL
Saturday 6th Feb to Sunday 14th Feb 2016 will herald the vibrancy,
drama, excitement and the beautiful colours of culture. The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
invites you all to come and experience a kaleidoscope of music, dance, theatre,
literature, street stalls, cinema, workshops, visual arts, urban design and architecture
and heritage walks. Nine joyful days to refresh your mind, inspire your senses and
programming encompassing feel exhilarated!
- The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival at no ticketed cost is a community celebration of the
arts within one of the most beautiful and historic precincts of Mumbai, The Kala
Ghoda Art District.
- It is open to all, free of charge.
- It has traditionally offered various programmes in under all twelve section of KGAF,
Visual Art, Urban Design & Architecture, Music, Theatre, Dance , Street Acts, Heritage
Walks, Literature and Workshops for children as well as adults
- The Festival has grown exponentially, and is hugely successful, drawing over 150,000
people from all over the city to 350 events over 9 days. Tourists from all over
the world plan their trip to Mumbai to witness the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival.
- Funds raised from the festival go towards the restoration and upkeep of the area.
Several heritage buildings and institutions in the area have benefited from this.
THE FESTIVAL VENUES
- The Kala Ghoda festival is conducted over 9 days and at several locations and venues.
- Children Programs are held at:
Lawns of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, The Museum, Kitab Khana
- Dance Programs are held at:
Cross Maidan Garden
- Cinema programs are held at:
Coomaraswamy Hall, Visitor Center at Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS), The Museum,
BNHS Auditorium (Bombay Natural History Society) Gallery Beyond
- Food programs are held at:
The cafeteria at westside, Army & Navy Building
Restaurants in the district.
- Literature programs are held at:
Garden at David Sassoon Library
Durbar Hall at Asiatic Society library
- Street programs are held at:
Rampart Row (Kaikashru Dubash Marg)
- Music programs are held at:
Cross Maidan of the Asiatic Society Library (Town Hall)
- Visual Arts installations are located at:
Art Entrance Gallery, Army & Navy Building
Gallery ICIA at K, Dubash Marg
Coomaraswamy Hall at CSMVS, The Museum
- Workshops are held at:
ARTISANS at V.B. Gandhi Marg
Artists’ Centre at Ador House, K. Dubash Marg
Dubai Hall at Asiatic Society Library
- Theatre Programs are held at:
Horniman Circle Garden Max Mueller Bhavan, Ground Floor
Auditorium at NGMA (National Gallery of Modern Art)
M. C. Ghia Hall at K.Dubash Marg, KalaGhoda
Irish Huse at K. Dubash Marg
- Urban Design & Architecture Programs are held at:
Durbar Hall at Asiatic Society Library
Library at Max Muller Bhavan
Download the festival map Here