Workshops at HTKGAF, under its ambiguous name, brings together a host of musicians, writers, waste upcyclers, travellers, photographers, painters and many more masters in different fields to give the participants a variety of experiences and go back enriched in mind and body.
Every year over 50 workshops are held across three venues: Artists’ Centre, Artisans’ and Somaiya Centre for Lifelong Learning where participants have tried their hand at everything from cheese and solar lamp making to saree draping and learning about the nitty-gritties of weaving, all of this at no cost whatsoever.
The theme for workshops this year is Evergreen, revealing the soul of the section: perennial and yet, always reinventing.
This year’s workshops include:
- Shaina NC will conduct her famous saree draping workshop for all those who are constantly looking at ways to reinvent the old favourite.
- Rekha Diwekar, the lady who taught Rujuta Diwekar everything she knows, will conduct Chemistry in the Kitchen, working with foods that bode well in the kitchen and for the body.
- Ace mountaineer and a vegan, Kuntal Joisher, talks about his fantastic experiences as a vegan and a mountaineer.
- Topnotch fashion photographer Colston Julian will do an interactive workshop.
- Sensei Hiroshige Kato will conducts an interactive demonstration of Japanese clay pottery.
Acknowledgements: Artisans’, Artists’ Centre, DSL Gardens, Jehangir Art Gallery, Somaiya Centre for Life long Learning, Consulate General of Argentina, Instituto Italiano di Cultura Mumbai, Ensemble, Fantasie Chocolates, Zeba Kohli and all the Guest Conductors.